Information We Collect
Information We Collect Directly from You
We may collect information directly provided by you. For example, we may collect the information you give us when you:
- Request information;
- Participate in surveys;
- Create or modify an account;
- Place an order; or
- Otherwise use our Site or communicate with us.
We may collect information such as your first and last name, email, phone number, postal address, credit card information, and other information you choose to provide. You may choose not provide certain information to us, but doing so may restrict your ability to use the Site.
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information automatically when you use our Site and may also use various data collection tools and/or tracking technologies. Such information and tools may include the following:
- Your IP address;
- The type of browser, devices and operating systems you use;
- Identifiers associated with the devices you use to access the Site;
- the pages you visit and the features you use, including dates and times;
- if you navigated from or navigate to another website and the address of that website; and
- Information regarding your internet service provider.
We may allow third parties, including Google, to use Data Technologies on the Platform. The information collected by Data Technologies may be shared with and used by us, by others acting on our behalf, or by third parties subject to their own privacy policies. Information collected by Data Technologies may be used on this Site or on other websites and services, including those that may not be operated by us.
For more information regarding how Google collects, uses, and shares your information please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use the Collected Information to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Site;
- Create and manage your account with us, including processing your orders and payments if applicable;
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, requests, orders, or comments;
- Provide customer service and technical support;
- Operate our business, including conducting data analysis, testing, and research;
- Create a more personalized user experience, including delivering you more relevant advertisements and content;
- Engaging in marketing activities;
- Preventing fraudulent and other potentially illegal activities; and
How We Share Collected Information
We may share Collected Information (i) as you expressly authorize us to; (ii) as permitted by law; and (iii) with third parties, including:
- Service Providers. We may share information with third party service providers or agents that provide a variety of services to us or provide services to you on our behalf, including, without limitation, the development, hosting, maintenance, and support of the Site; payment processing and Data Technology providers.
- Communities. We will share your information with the specific community or company you have expressed interest in and we may share your information with communities or services within your geographical area if you submit your information and do not select a specific community.
- Partners. We will share your information with the entities that we partner with, including entities that provide senior care referral services.
Business Transfer. We may share information we have gathered about you in connection with the sale or merger of our business or the transfer of our assets.
Legal Proceedings. We may also share your information to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation and as may be necessary to protect the rights, property, and interests of ALC, our employees, customers, users, service providers, or any other person or entity.
Please only share information that is needed or that you believe is appropriate with ALC when submitting requests for information, corresponding and otherwise interacting with ALC and its representatives through or in connection with the Site.
If you have elected to receive newsletters or other email correspondence from us and you no longer wish to receive it, please click the link at the bottom of any such email you receive from us and follow the instructions, or alternatively you may contact us firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” or “REMOVE” in the subject line and your email address will be removed from our marketing list.
Cookies. You may be able to opt-out of the automatic collection of some information by referring to your web browser’s or mobile devices options or settings menu. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your Cookie preferences or visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org for more information. You can also refer to the “Help” menu of your browser to learn more about Web Beacons and your ability to disable them. Disabling or rejecting cookies may disable some of the features and functionality of the Site.
NAI Opt-Out. The Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) is a coalition of online advertising companies committed to complying with self-regulatory standards that establish responsible business and data management practices. Although ALC is not a member of NAI, you may see advertisements from NAI members that have been tailored to you while visiting the Site. The NAI offers a cookie-based tool to express a preference to opt-out of the receipt of tailored advertising, available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/. The participating NAI members, and not ALC, are solely responsible for setting the opt-out cookies and honoring your requests.
The Site is intended for a general audience and is not intended for use or access by children under 13 years of age without parental consent, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using the Site. Furthermore, we may restrict inquiry submissions and participation in surveys to individuals who are at least 18 years of age.
User Generated Content
Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship the following information: (a) a list of the categories of personally identifiable information, such as name, e-mail, and mailing address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (b) the name and address of all such third parties. To request the above information, please email us at: email@example.com with a reference to California Disclosure Information. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information. Please allow 30 days for a response.
California and Delaware “Do Not Track” Disclosures
California and Delaware law require ALC to indicate whether it honors “Do Not Track” settings in your browser concerning targeted advertising. At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, like many other websites and online services, we are currently unable to respond to Do Not Track Signals. To find out more about
“Do Not Track”, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Accessing the System Outside of the United States